ATV Four Play spent several months of testing on mini quads and big quads, they believe that they have constructed a means that greatly reduces the harsh impacts on youth and adult rider’s upper body commonly associated with ATV riding.
"The idea was to design a handle bar assembly specific for ATV use. We also wanted an system that would conform to the rider’s ever changing body position."
Normally the youth rider’s arms, wrists and upper body’s are not fully developed to handle these impacts. With that in mind the youth rider's weight being much lighter, it is necessary to have the bars pivot with less downward force. The soft design makes it possible to make the resistance "lighter on the top" of the travel.
Initially ATV Four Play's intent was to build the SOFT BARS specific for the "mini-quad rider". But due to overwhelming inquiry's and requests ATV Four Play decided to build the bars for the larger quads as well.
ATV Four Play's SOFT BARS uses a (PDS) Progressive Dampening System. This system uses a dual rate vertical cartridge installed in the upright pivot assembly. This fully adjustable system allows for light resistance at the beginning of the travel continuing to a heavier resistance at the end of travel.
The SOFT BARS are only suited for aftermarket ATV steering stems and certain models of OE steering stems. The SOFT BARS cannot be used on a motorcycle. The reason is we do not use the "clamp tube" that is secured to motorcycle by a handlebar clamp. SOFT BARS bolt directly to the ATV steering stem and does not require the "traditional" handle bar clamp arrangement or the 1 1/8" adapters.
* Constructed of T-3 2024 Aluminum tubing and billet T-6 6061
* All hardened and zinc/stainless hardware
* The pivot area is sealed
* Zerk fitting's installed in the pivot area to reduce the possibilities of "seizing"
* Dual Rate cartridges (PDS) Progressive Dampening System
* The SOFT BARS are only suited for aftermarket ATV steering stems and certain stock ATV steering stems.
* Weighs 4.5 pounds
* Bar pads are all gloss black with our ATV Four Play Logo.
* ATV Four Play’s SOFT BARS will initially be offered in (1) style which is very similar to the CR HIGH bend. The sweep is at 12 degree's back.